Preparing for the Day of Initiation Into Light and Sound Energy
In the days before initiation, it is a good idea to make sure your physical vibration is as balanced as possible.
- Get plenty of sleep so you are well rested.
- Eat healthily and try to avoid eating meat as it lowers your vibration, making it potentially harder to meditate.
- Please avoid alcohol, drugs and smoking.
- Keep it simple. Just enjoy doing the counting breath meditation. If you need a refresher on this then here’s a breath meditation video tutorial, and you can download the guided meditation here.
- If you are on any medical treatment, are not feeling well or anything has changed in your wellbeing then you must tell your teacher before the day.
- If you are pregnant or are trying to conceive then it is essential you discuss this with your teacher too. Of course everything is treated with confidence
- It may be an idea to do a little stretching/yoga to help your body to be as relaxed as possible on the day. Though this is totally a personal choice.
The advice above really relates to the few days before initiation. This is assuming that you have already gone through the steps to prepare for initiation..
What Happens on the Day of Initiation
Initiation was traditionally done over 2 or 3 days but it can be done in 1 day. The idea of having more time is to allow you time to sit in and enjoy the deeper stillness that initiation unlocks the potential of.
A typical day might be:
09:00 Everyone gets together and guidance and instructions about the day are provided by the initiating teacher.
10:00 Start meditating: A mix of guided meditations, receiving the energy, learning advanced meditation techniques, gentle discussion/feedback.
14:00 A very light lunch although some people opt to avoid eating during the day as they find it can distract them from meditating. We believe it is most important that you are comfortable and at ease and leave it to your judgment. (Please do let your teacher/host know in advance if you have special dietary needs though).
14:30 More sessions of meditation, and gentle feedback.
18:00 Finish and gentle advice on how to progress.
Obviously the above is just an example and each teacher will have their own favoured approach. But typically the day will be about 6 to 7 hours long. There will be plenty of opportunities for toilet breaks and to drink water.
Practical Considerations on the Initiation Day
Here are some practical things that will really help you to enjoy and get the most from the day where you receive this truly amazing spiritual energy:
- It’s a good idea to have a healthy breakfast before you start, but please avoid coffee and stimulants.
- Wear comfortable clothes. It might be an idea to wear layers incase the temperature drops or raises, and if you want, feel free to bring a blanket. You will be sitting down upright while meditating so there is no need to bring a yoga mat and you wont be lying down.
- To help with your subtle energy balance it may be helpful to avoid wearing lots of jewellery, especially silver or platinum. Gold has a very support vibration and can be worn. Keeping jewellery to a minimum helps because the vibrations of precious metals resonate with your lower vehicles and can stimulate more awareness within certain energy centres. However initiation unlocks your potential to take your awareness well beyond your lower vehicles. The same is true of crystals, which work primarily on the lower etheric vibrations. You do not need to have crystals on your or near you in order to be initiated or to meditate.
- The process of receiving the energy requires a brief physical touch between the person giving the energy and the person receiving it. The person giving the energy will need to place their hands gently on your head and key points on your face. So please avoid excessive makeup, especially mascara, eye-liner, eye shadow etc. Also please avoid wearing a hat or large hair clips, or excessive use of hair products. Having your hair in a ponytail is fine.
- Some people may find that with the receiving of energy, their senses become heightened, in particular their sense of smell. So please avoid the use of heavily scented hygienic products such as soaps, deodorants, or shampoos, and do not put on any perfume or aftershaves etc.
- During the day the focus will be on relaxing and letting go and exploring higher states of consciousness. Please be prepared to have your phone switched off the whole time, or even better to just leave it behind. This sacred day is the start of your spiritual journey and the more you can give it your full attention (and love) then the more you will get from it. Many people also choose to leave their watch behind as they understand that keeping awareness of time is just another distraction.
- On the day you will be taught some advanced meditation techniques which include hand postures. These are easy to do and involve using your fingers and thumbs to connect up different energy points on your body. Please make sure your fingernails are not excessively long, and in particular your that your thumbnails are short and not jagged to avoid any discomfort. These postures can make it even easier to tune in to the higher Light and Sound Energy vibrations and are often referred to as the “Light and Sound Techniques”. These techniques are an aid to noticing, but they are not the energy itself, which exists at a much higher vibration than your physical body and any postures you make.
- Please do not drive! Initiation represents a massive shift in your potential to leave your lower awareness and start to explore much higher spiritual consciousness. Some people may find they are quite “spaced out” for a while afterwards. It is advisable not to drive after initiation for two reasons: Firstly that it may take a little time to become fully grounded again and secondly, that it is much nicer after initiation, to have time to relax and stay centred in this new and more profound stillness. If you need to then please discuss travel plans with your teacher before the initiation.
Best Advice for Meditation: Keeping Humble
Initiation is a beautiful and natural event during which your lower vehicles are permanently connected with spiritual energy, which can then be experienced in meditation as inner light and sound energy. Everyone starts in the same place, which is their lower vehicles (mind, emotions, body, personality, ego), and it is only natural that some people may believe that because they have been given the opportunity to receive initiation, that it means they are “special” or they are being “rewarded” for their efforts. The spiritual journey is a chance to become limitless love (Enlightenment) rather than to identify with those limits which need to be loved (personality), so it is important to appreciate that every soul is special because they are a part of the whole.
Being given the opportunity to receive initiation is not a reward and is never earned. It is an absolute gift of grace from God and by embracing humility and gratitude we can create vibrations within our lower selves which align more closely with the vibration of light and sound energy which comes from unconditional love. The more humble a person is, the more ease they have in experiencing the light and sound energy and being guided back to love, this is because it is not the personality which is initiated.
In the run up to initiating people I regularly check with the Spiritual Hierarchy to make sure it is appropriate to initiate each of them. Sometimes, if a person is not ready, for example if they are more focused into their personality than into neutrality and love, then I may be asked to wait more time before initiating them. A person who has been given a date, may then be held back, not out of judgement, but simply to give them more time to create the best opportunity for them to align their lower self with love by embracing The Six Virtues, and to strengthen their ability to meditate. It can also go the other way where I am told to bring forwards an initiation. I always trust the guidance I receive from the Spiritual Hierarchy since it is only ever motivated by love and kindness. Any feedback is always an opportunity for everyone involved (teachers and those aspiring to be even more spiritual) to learn and grow towards love. As a person becomes more ready for initiation they will naturally be experiencing and integrating with humility, gratitude and respect for the process. These loving qualities can be fostered through intention and a sincere desire to align with love. Humility is empowering as it really can help a person to have the courage to fully let go and explore higher consciousness, since the vibration of humility helps more love to flow through them.
Please follow and like us: